Welcome to Jozi Sewcial!
The Sewing Party
Hello hello lovely people, I thought I would share the what, where and why of Jozi Sewcial. I learnt how to sew in a classroom environment, the course was over 10 Saturdays, 3 hours long. Over that time I got to meet and socialise with other aspiring Sewists. Once the course was done, I’d find myself missing the social aspect of sewing, we all know that sewing can be a lonely hobby. A couple of months later, I signed up for the advance course and I was back in the classroom environment every Saturday. Since all of us in the class could already sew, the classroom was more relaxed and it became a fun environment to be in. I really got to know the people in the class and we shared so many tips and helped each other with our projects. That’s when I knew that I wanted to one day host a sewing party and Jozi Sewcial was born.
Jozi Sewcial is a modern day sewing circle where Sewists get together for a day of sewing. You bring your projects, supplies and machine and enjoy a full day of uninterrupted sewing fun. For most of us, sewing is a hobby and maybe even a side hustle. We all lead such busy lives with work, family and friends that we sometimes don’t get to sew as much as we would like. How do you know if Jozi Sewcial is for you?
- If lately you just can’t seem to fit sewing into your busy life and you really miss it, then this is for you. Take that time out for yourself, come to Jozi Sewcial and get your uninterrupted sewing fix.
- You’re feeling overwhelmed, you have so many sewing projects you need to get through, come to Jozi Sewcial and push those projects girl!
- You’ve been feeling a little lonely sewing away at home, come to Jozi Sewcial and meet other sewists who share the same passion as you.
- Lately you’ve lacked motivation to sew, come to Jozi Sewcial and it may help you get your SewJo back. Let’s hope it helps you rediscover why you love sewing so much.
- Lastly (which is a personal one for me) I definitely feel like sewing heals the soul and it is a big part of my self-care and self-love. If you are in need of a little soul mending, come to Jozi Sewcial and enjoy positive vibes and love from other sewists.
These are just a few reasons why I felt I would like to host this event. I hope this too resonates with you and you will join me for a great day of “sewcialising”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- How long is the event? 9am – 4pm, of course you can arrive late or leave early but your ticket is valid for the full day.
- Where is the event venue? 1st German Scout Hall, opposite the German School in Parktown. CLICK HERE for the google maps location.
- What should I bring? Bring your current projects, supplies and sewing machine.
- What’s included with my ticket? Venue, table & chair, finger food lunch, refreshments and an awesome time. There will be an ironing station and a fitting room.
- Will there be a sewing instructor? No, this is not a classroom setting, more a networking event. If there’s something you might be stuck on or frustrated with, we can help each other, but there will be no formal teaching.
- Should I know how to sew? The event is geared towards Sewists but if you knit or crotchet, you are most welcome to join too.
- How do I purchase a ticket? Please email me at email@example.com, your place is reversed once payment has been made and proof of payment has been received.
- Can I get a refund? Tickets are non-refundable and all sales are final. You can transfer your ticket to another person by providing them with your official ticket.
- Can I park at the venue? Yes, there is safe and secure parking on the premises.
- How often will the event happen? This will depend on the demand and how often you Sewists would like that extra push. Please sign up for the Jozi Sewcial newsletter and be the first to know when we release a new date?
We look forward to welcoming you to Jozi Sewcial, please don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. We promise, we won’t spam you.